FACTS is basically the biggest geek convention in the Benelux and for me that translates to: cosplay party!!
This was the 4th edition I've been to and my outfits so far have been: Harajuku style, lolita and lolita, so this year I went with something a bit more original and I dressed up as Chinen! Meaning, the 7 outfit for the Arigatou PV and a short wig, but since I'm tiny, of course I would be Chinen. :p
Nobody knew who I was supposed to be so all day long, I kind of kept on repeating "I'm Chinen" in a high pitched voice, so after saying it about 50 times, someone asked me if I was a freaking pokemon with the way I kept on saying it. One of the most amusing things that day, really.
( pictures:Collapse )
ACTA in a Nutshell –
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources -
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden wherein he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA: Letter 1 | Letter 2 | Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here: Response
- Watch a short informative video on ACTA: ACTA Video
- Watch a lulzy video on ACTA: Lulzy Video
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.Via Tumblr
The end of the year is nearing. Time to think about all the things we failed to do this year, time for the newspapers to publish depressing overviews of all the things that happened in 2011, time to stress out about my exams getting closer, but also less than a year until the next edition of F.A.C.T.S.!
( CosplayCollapse )
( ChristmasCollapse )